New Year New Word
Nearing the end of 2018, I decided my “word” for 2019 would be: establish. I decided to use this word because I wanted to solidify my brand and mission for this business. In 2019, I would invest a major part of my business into continuing education. I decided one of those avenues would be the Anchored Workshop in Charlotte.
When I learned that Anchor & Veil Photography, one of my favorite wedding photography businesses, was putting on a workshop I jumped onto the workshop site and paid the deposit without even a second thought. Yes, it was scary seeing a lot of money come out of my business account but I am glad I took the leap.
Getting there was half the battle…
Here in New England it had been a pretty calm winter but low and behold there was a snowstorm the night before take off. This led to my flight being delayed 6 hours. Good News: I got my money’s worth from Netflix. Bad News: I had to spend a lot of money on airport food.
I remember finally landing in North Carolina and wanting to applaud the pilot, which I normally find annoying, and also thinking “this better be worth this”.
Spoiler Alert: It was
5 Reasons I Loved the Anchored Workshop
- The location– The house we stayed at on Lake Norman was not only stunning but it was the perfect place to focus on how I could take my business to the next level.
- The Anchor and Veil family– Devin, Kathryn, Bobby, and Demi were so welcoming and helpful the whole trip. As someone who runs her business with family in mind, this really meant a lot.
- The education– I could write a whole blog post about the things I learned. From the client experience to taxes (my head is still spinning from that part), I learned from successful people on how to take this small business to the next level.
- The hands-on experiences– From the styled shoot, which is featured throughout this blog, and the time I received to make a new portfolio video, I was able to put some of the rich knowledge I received to action
- My new photography friends– The best part about this workshop was the fact it was such a small group. I have not just met new people in my field but like-minded industry friends.
While at the workshop we spent half of one of the three days learning shooting techniques. These are my favorite images.
I want to thank and Devin and Kathryn Robinson for helping my business and showing me how to give my future clients an elevated experience.
Til Next Time
Styled Shoot Contributers
Erin Paige Events http://www.paigeandelliott.com/ – dress and tux
Olive and Co Paper https://www.oliveandcopaper.com/ –
Cooke Rentals https://cs.cookerentals.com/ – tableware
Megan Liveri Artistry https://www.moliveri.com/ – hair and makeup
Badgley Mischka https://www.badgleymischka.com/ – shoes
The Icing and the Cake https://www.theicingandthecake.com/ – cake
For more info on the photographer visit https://gemctphoto.com/about/